Happy New Year Peaches! 2019! I am thankful for the gift of life and health from the Almighty granting us all access to 2019.
2018 has been a hell of a rollercoaster. Revelatory to say the least. To be fair though, I’ve had some great moments and met phenomenal people hence I appreciate it. All I’m trying to do right now is focus on the good and positive things that 2018 blessed me with but not dismissing the bad moments either. Those are the ones that have shaped me into who I am today. Not bitter at all, but better, composed, stronger and wiser. ‘Never a failure, always a lesson.’
2018 adventures and events:
A few important lessons I learned the hard way in 2018.
- Observe not absorb. Being empathetic makes me question if it is a curse or a blessing because I can get sucked up into people’s energy and moods. I get so concerned with hurting peoples feelings more than I do care about mine. That has to change because it’s suffocating.
- It is okay to be selfish. A hard one and a bold one too. I came to the realization that you can lay down for people and they will still say your back is not flat enough. Favorite quote because it summarizes everything I have to say about it.
- Create boundaries. Walk away from disrespect. It is always so hard to walk away from people we love regardless of how they treat us sometimes. But there’s always a limit. We should stop making excuses for people’s ill behavior, unfiltered words, cheaters, liars, pretenders and back stabbers. Speak up, confront where need be and do not entertain anyone’s disrespectful behaviors towards you. We have to accept that some people will never respect you because they don’t respect themselves. Save yourself from such people.
- Financial independence is empowering. So is emotional independence. If you manage to achieve those two, you will live a more peaceful life. Be your own sugar dad
- Empowering women and conservation initiatives are vital in the world for better livelihood.
- Follow your passion. Life is too short to work in a field you are not interested in, a waste rather. Also, I learned that it is never always about the money, but what gets your creativity wheel spinning!
Incase you didn’t notice, I took a long break from social media sometime in February 2018. As dramatic as it sounds, I was about to lose it! I could not focus. My mind was all over the place. My brains were about to fall out. I had to take a break. I could not form a sentence let alone think right or through things. I cannot really explain what I was going through because wild events were happening in my life back to back like the devil was on a mission to end me. I had to quit so many things and people dear to me to get my peace of mind; to save myself. Shockingly, I took a bolder step by moving to a totally new place where I knew literally nobody – Watamu. Honestly, I needed some quality time alone to regain my sanity. Luckily, I got a job at Watamu Treehouse and ever since, Watamu has become my new founded home. Proudly, I can say that I have found inner peace. It’s not about the people, rather, the place itself; A hidden gem. Exploring and more.
Here I am, today I can think somewhat clearly with no background noises of what if’s n whys. It’s peaceful in my head. However, I am still working on sharpening my listening skills. I am still adjusting my focus. I am still trying to find a way to forgive people completely and forgive myself for hurting people in the process. All I can say is, I don’t have it all figured out. I am a work in progress just like you and I. I might look like I have it all figured out but I’m far from that. Which is why I had to speak out when I was breaking silently for people to understand that I am only but human needing support just like I would support people who needed me. But I work everyday to improve on myself and learning to love myself and people I care about more fiercely. Most importantly, I am trying to work on stabilizing my emotions.
I hope 2019 is going to be a fruitful and prosperous year for everyone. Make everyday count and never lose hope.
To more adventures, new ideas, successful businesses, investments, travel destinations and healthier relationships.
Happy 2019 Peaches!
Live | Love | Laugh